Monday, June 6, 2011

A New Beginning


Once in a while there is a feeling of change that comes over me. A new and fresh start to create new energy. So as I write all of this mombo jumbo, I say that I have cut off all of my hair! Yes I Did It!

I have been natural now for a little over 3 years and the first time I decided to start to let my hair grow natural I didn't have the wherewithal to do a BC so I just let my hair grow out without perming it and also styled it in ways to blend the permed and not permed roots. It didn't take long before all of my permed hair was trimmed off and my hair was completely natural.

Now three years later, not one strand of permed hair left and over 10 inches of awesome hair growth, I had the full confidence and courage necessary to take the big plunge. It has been a great process wearing my fro and I am so glad to be wearing .... well not really wearing much hair. LoL. It has also been a learning process for me in regards to doing something when I am ready for it. I feel so beautiful with my cut off hair, but I am not completely sure that I would have felt this beautiful three years ago when I first decided to go natural. Timing is everything and when you are ready to do something it will definitely reflect in your mood, vibe, ora, attitude or which ever word you chose to use. The point is when you feel beautiful then you reflect beauty.

So here we go the before and after- Taken about a week apart.

The top photo is before I cut my hair
The top photo here is two days after the initial cut
Here is a back view


What was your first experience like when you did the BC?


Images Provided: Me




1 comment:

  1. you look absolutely amazing! Ethiopian Queen all the way!

    ReplyDelete